Janome 1600P-QC High-speed Straight-Stitch Sewing Machine
Fast speeds and smart design make the 1600P-QC the perfect machine for sewing and quilting! You'll find everything you need to complete projects quickly and easily: Speeds of 1,600 stitches per minute make this the fastest machine on the market; nearly 9" x 6" to the right of the needle gives an extra wide work area; the side-loading bobbin allows for easy access, even from a quilt frame; the automatic thread cutter cuts top and bobbin thread at the push of a button; and the ergonomic knee lift offers a full range of adjustment so you can find the size that fits you.
Now Includes the GQ Gracie Laser Stylus!
The Gracie Laser attaches with a universal swivel mount enabling you to position the stylus to follow your patterns with accuracy.
Presser Foot Sensor
This unique sensor system will not allow you to start sewing with the presser foot in UP position.
Memorized UP/DOWN Needle Setting
The exclusive Up/Down needle button lets you control the needle's position when you stop sewing. Set it for UP when you want to move your fabric; DOWN for corners and pivots.
Independent Bobbin Winder
The independent bobbin winder works separately from the main motor so you can fill your next bobbin while you sew.
Variable Speed Control
Slide setting from about 70 stitches per minute to 1600 stitches per minute.
Automatic Thread Cutter
Cut the top and bobbin threads at the push of a button. ALSO can be used from quilt frame handle via cable hookup.
Ergonomic Knee Lift
Quilt for hours in comfort with our ergonomic knee lift. With a full range of adjustment from left to right, you can find the position that fits you best.
The 1600P-QC provides up to 11 lbs of pressure from the presser foot. That's the greatest pressure available on the market today for a home straight stitch machine. Power through even the thickest layers of fabric without shifting.
Vibration-dampening rubber, precision parts, and a hollow needle bar guarantee a smooth and quiet sewing experience.
Side-Loading, Industrial Rotary Hook Bobbin
The side loading bobbin allows for easy access, even while the 1600P-QC is on a quilt frame.
Smooth Feeding Thread and Diagram
The 1600P-QC has a Pre-Tension thread regulator that takes the kinks out of your thread before it goes through the tension mechanism.
- High speed sewing: 800-1,600 spm
- Simultaneous bobbin winding
- Knee lift
- Pressure indicator window
- Auto thread cutter
- Variable speed control
- Side-loading, industrial rotary hook
- Memorized needle up/down
- Extra large 8.85" x 5.5" work area
- Dual lights
- Industrial-type thread take-up lever
- No oil holes in bed
- Sealed bearings on shafts
- Up to 11 lbs. of presser foot pressure
- Industrial pretension threading
- Thread diagram printed on machine front
- Bobbin winding diagram printed on machine top
- Liquid response foot control - no stalls
- Synchronized thread tension lever
- Variable stitch length up to 6mm
- Metal attachment setting plate
- Sleek design of home machine
- Quiet operation with no external motor
- Vertical full rotary (industrial) hook
- Type of needle-HL x 5, size 9 - 16
- Flat bed type
- Painted aluminum body construction type
- Folding type (short) Carrying handle
- Machine size-W498 x H323 x D178 mm
- Arm space-225 x 140 mm
- Maximum speed-1,600 spm (lowest: 50-70 spm)
- Stretch length control by dial
- Maximum stitch length-6 mm
- Manual Thread tension control
- Speed control slider
- Programmable Needle up/down
- Foot pressure adjustment by dial with indicator
- Extra-high presser foot lift-Lever: 6 mm (Extra lift: 12.7 mm)
- Knee lifter: 8 mm
- Independent Bobbin winder motor
- Hinge type Presser foot (with shank)
- Automatic thread cutter
- Thread cutter (underneath face plate)
- Remote thread cutter operation (via socket)
- Built-in needle threader
- Thread take up lever-Round hole for thread path
- Vertical type (Fixed) Spool pin
- Lamp Krypton lamps (x 2)
- Knee lifter (adjustable type)
- Electronic foot controller
- Additional sensor to prevent machine from starting with presser foot in up position
- Improved operating sound
- Organ Needle System
- HL x 5-16 (1)
- HL x 5-14 (1)
- HL x 5-11 (2)
- HL x 5-9 (1)
- Lint brush
- Hemmer foot
- Spool cap
- Spool holder
- Large screwdriver
- Small screwdriver
- Cloth guide with Screw
- Accessory box
- Knee lifter
- Instruction book
1600P-QC Product Brochure (pdf)
1600P-QC Instruction Book(pdf)
The GQ Machine Quilting Frame by The Grace Company
You can create quilts of any size - from crib to king. Simply place your long arm quilter on the track system, add batting, backing and a top piece, and you're ready to quilt! The frame can be adjusted to different sizes, with an optional extension available for even more length. Quilt with incredible precision and ease, with room to explore all of your ideas.
Get introduced to the Grace GQ Quilting Frame
Using favorite features from past frames, the GQ Frame also has innovative characteristics that are all its own. The carriage has been upgraded to a fully dual-wheel system that enhances stitch quality, accuracy, and motion. The steel construction makes it extra durable and able to withstand years and years of heavy use. The GQ is also currently the only Grace frame to come standard with height adjustable legs.
The rails on this frame include the Fabri-Fast fabric attachment system for easy fabric installation without the need for tacks, ties or tape. It's as easy as sliding the fabric into the rail slot with the provided Fabri-Fast tool. Fabric is held securely in the slot by a Fabri-Fast tube.
Professional Series Carriage
The Professional Series carriage has a smooth and precise movement that is perfect for intricate stitching.
Sewing Machine Dimensions
Your sewing machine should be within these dimensions to fit in the carriage. 11" x 21" x 14"
Take-Up Rail Ratchet
Adjusting your take-up rail is easy & convenient.
Height Adjustable Legs
The GQ is the first frame to come standard with height adjustable legs. Work at the level that is most comfortable.
This dual-wheel track and ball bearing system provide smoother movement and percision.
Steel Track Supports & New Plastic Tables
New steel track supports provide additional strength and rigidity to the frame. The tables are manufactured with thicker rigid plastic improving the work surface.
Quilters can easily advance their quilts. The rails are easily removed by simply pivoting the top ratchet housing open. Nothing to squeeze or release. Simply push the ratchet stop to disengage the ratchet.
List of Features
- Sets up in king (120") or crib (60") work areas
- Fits machines with throats up to 18"
- Steel construction to withstand extended heavy use
- Dual wheel track system for improved carriage motion
- Height adjustable legs
- Leveling feet
- Fourth rail included
- Includes set of four bungee clamps
- Easy to use hand-wheel for take up rail
Can be set up in four different configurations to fit your sewing space and needs.
- 5 foot length
- 7 foot length (with optional 2 foot extension kit)
- 10 foot length
- 12 foot length(with optional 2 foot extension kit)
GQ Frame Instructions
GQ Frame Instructions