The Kangaroo can hop right into any sewing room and fit perfectly
Kangaroo Kabinets - Kangaroo and Joey - White Ash (K8811)
The Kangaroo has a three-position airlift that holds most sewing machines comfortably and moves effortlessly up & down. This allows the Kangaroo to easily adjust for various heights of machines for flatbed or free-arm sewing storage. The wide room in front of the lift allows the sewer to sit comfortably in the correct center needle sewing position.
The Kangaroo comes with a quilt leaf on the back of the cabinet that folds up or down and will help to expand your work area preventing large quilts or large pieces of fabric from falling on the floor behind the cabinet. An adjustable shelf for machine storage and a large pull out drawer for all your notions round out the features of this hopping cabinet.
Need more storage? The Joey storage unit adds three drawers of storage space yet is small enough to store in the Kangaroo's pouch and comes with your purchase.
The Kangaroo & Joey sewing tables with drawers are offered in Teak and Ash White melamine to complement any décor. Adopt our Kangaroo & Joey pair today!
Also Available in Teak Finish
Adopt one of our Kangaroos today!
- Sew in any position. Our EZ-lift gas strut mechanism lets you sew flatbed or free-arm at any height. Also provides easy, effortless storage with a simple push
- Made to fit new larger heavier sewing and embroidery machines. Opening accommodates machines up to 23 3/4" W(left to right), 12 1/2" D(front to back), 14 1/2" H
- Store all your notions in the Joey storage unit that features 3 drawers. The Joey storage unit will roll in and out of place on its four casters allowing you to place it where ever it is needed the most. Project complete...tuck the storage unit into the cabinet to maximize space
- Sew comfortably with correct posture avoiding stress on your hands, back and neck, by sitting in front of your needle for center needle sewing
- Your seam construction can be longer and straighter using the quilt leaf included with your Kangaroo. The leaf will expand your work area behind the cabinet preventing fabric from bunching on the floor and dragging your needle
- Removable front panel provides extra legroom and ease in using a knee lifter
- Cover your sewing well with the convenient lift cover, keeping dust away from your machine and creating a sturdy flat surface for other craft activities
- An extra drawer adds more storage for all your smaller notions and fabric
- Durable design with composite construction and wood grain melamine laminates
- Locking casters for excellent portability and stability
- Teak or Ash White melamine laminate complements any decor
- Assembly is a snap! Requires a standard screwdriver, adjustable wrench and hammer/mallet. Includes easy-to-follow instructions, plus a friendly toll-free help number
Click here for a list of machines that won't fit in this cabinet. For notes on the fit of larger and taller sewing machines such as Bernina 7 & 8 Series and Janome Horizon Memory Craft 15000 click here.
New Drawer Glide Feature. Drawers Doors Softly Glide Shut!
Sew in Comfort and Sew Longer with the addition of luxury, soft-closing drawers on our most popular Kangaroo Sewing Furniture products. Quietly and safely shut your cabinets shut without the use of too much force. Great for people who may have arthritis or a disability with their hands!
Get Your Custom Insert for a Perfectly Smooth & Seamless Sewing Surface
What is a Custom Insert?
A Custom Insert is a Plexi-glass piece made to the exact dimensions of the cabinet's opening and your specific sewing machine. The insert is used only in the flatbed position of the cabinet, which is the second or middle position on the airlift. Remove your accessory kit from the front of your machine to reveal your freearm. The insert fits around the freearm and center of your machine.
Please provide the make and model of sewing machine the insert will be used with during checkout. Your Custom Acrylic Insert will be made specifically to fit your cabinet and machine seamlessly. Machine specific inserts ordered separately, will arrive after you receive your cabinet and can take up to 4-6 weeks to manufacture. Cabinet/machine pictured may not represent your exact model. Optional machine-specific inserts are ordered separately and will arrive after you receive your cabinet - can take up to 4-6 weeks to manufacture.
55 5/8"W x 21"D x 29 1/2"H
55 5/8"W x 40 5/16"D x 29 1/2"H (quilt leaf out)
Sewing Machines Accomadated To:
23 3/4" W(left to right), 12 1/2" D(front to back), 14 1/2" H
22" W, 13" D, 13" 2 1/2" (top) tall 7 1/2" (bottom) high
25 3/4"W x 16 1/2"D x 24"H
Assembly Manual for Kangaroo & Joey
Adjusting the height of the platform with an insert
Fitting of Janome Horizon Memory Craft 15000
List of machines that won't fit
Includes 5 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Our kabinets have been designed with the sewing enthusiast in mind. Whether you sew, quilt or embroider our kabinets offer superior workmanship reflecting the needs of the individual sewer by offering large work areas, storage units within the kabinets for all your notions and large lifts to support the latest machines with an open area for a comfortable & ergonomic sewing experience.