Kangaroo Kabinets - Aussie Large Sewing Cabinet
Now with an all teak top!
Do you sometimes feel like you need space the size of a continent for your sewing needs? Our Aussie may not be the size of the Australian continent, but it is close!
Our Aussie boasts an amazing 31.5 square feet of sewing space, when fully opened with quilt leaf and rolling caddy extended the Aussie is 99 1/2" wide by 80 1/2" deep. Don't let these measurements scare you, when the quilt leaf is folded down and the rolling caddy is tucked under the Aussie measures 99 1/2" wide x 22" deep.
With so much surface area the Kangaroo Kabinets K8605 is ideal for quilting or large sewing projects. The large surface space also means you have plenty of room for multiple sewing machines or sergers. The rolling caddy can be placed in 2 separate locations on the cabinet and it tucks neatly away when not in use. The lift mechanism moves your sewing machine up and down in 3 separate positions and is adjustable for all heights of machines (Adjusting the height of the platform with an insert).
The wide room in front of the lift allows the sewer to sit comfortably in the correct center needle sewing position. The quilt leaf extension on the back of the cabinet comes with your Aussie and helps to expand your work area preventing large quilts from falling on the floor behind the cabinet.
Click here for a list of machines that won't fit in this cabinet and special fitting notes. This includes the Bernina 7 Series and Janome 15,000 and Elna eXpressive 920.
Lastly your Aussie features numerous drawers and trays for storage of all your sewing notions and boomerangs. When your sewing is complete safely conceal and secure all your sewing notions and equipment by closing both doors and turning the key to lock them shut.
Kangaroo Sewing Furniture’s focus is to create an experience that will accommodate longer periods of time spent behind your sewing machine, with increased comfort. Cabinets are designed to allow for free arm and flat bed sewing, producing a flush sewing surface with a more ergonomic posture to sew in comfort and sew longer.
Also Available in Ash White Finish
Click Here for Aussie Large Sewing Cabinet - Teak finish
Adopt one of our Aussies today!
Our kabinets have been designed with the sewing enthusiast in mind. Whether you sew, quilt or embroider our kabinets offer superior workmanship reflecting the needs of the individual sewer by offering large work areas, storage units within the kabinets for all your notions and large lifts to support the latest machines with an open area for a comfortable & ergonomic sewing experience.
- Sew in any position. Our EZ-Lift gas strut mechanism lets you sew flatbed or free-arm at any height. Also provides easy, effortless storage with a simple push and holds a 51 lb. machine!
- Made to fit new larger heavier sewing and embroidery machines. Opening in top accommodates machines up to 21 ¾" wide x 11 ⅛" deep
- Our Aussie boasts an amazing 31 ½ square feet of sewing space, with this much surface area the Aussie is ideal for quilting or large sewing projects
- Your Aussie will accommodate multiple machines like a sewing machine and a serger. Your serger will fit neatly in the rolling caddy that can be moved to 2 positions on the cabinet to maximize space and will tuck away inside the cabinet when not in use
- Sew comfortably with correct posture avoiding stress on your hands, back and neck, by sitting in front of your needle for center needle sewing
- Your seam construction can be longer and straighter using the quilt leaf included with your Aussie. The leaf will expand your work area preventing fabric from bunching on the floor and dragging your needle
- Plenty of storage with notions trays on the door, shelves in the cabinet and 2 drawers in the rolling caddy
- Durable design with composite construction and wood grain melamine laminates
- Cabinet doors conceal the sewing machine and accessories - quilt leaf folds down, so when closed the cabinet is neat and compact. Turn key on door to lock all inside
- Locking casters for excellent portability and stability
- Teak or Ash White melamine laminate complements any decor
- Assembly is a snap! Requires a standard screwdriver, adjustable wrench and hammer/mallet. Includes easy-to-follow instructions, plus a friendly toll-free help number
- Lifetime warranty, worry-free performancec
Kabinet Color - Teak
- Closed Dimensions:
- 49 ¾" x 22" x 30"
- Open Dimensions:
- 99 ½" x 45 ½" x 29"
- Fits Sewing Machines No Larger Than:
- 21 ¾" W x 11 ⅛" H
Assembly Manual & Manufacturer's 5 Year Warranty
Machines that will not fit:
New Drawer Glide Feature. Drawers Doors Softly Glide Shut!
Sew in Comfort and Sew Longer with the addition of luxury, soft-closing drawers on our most popular Kangaroo Sewing Furniture products. Quietly and safely shut your cabinets shut without the use of too much force. Great for people who may have arthritis or a disability with their hands!