Singer XL-580 Futura Embroidery Machine
For Creativity that Knows No Limits
For Creativity that Knows No Limits! The SINGER Futura XL-580 embroidery and sewing machine includes innovative features that allow you to do more than ever before. With an endless hoop, knee lifter for hands-free presser foot lifting, extra-large sewing space for quilting and 250 built-in embroidery designs – including 50 endless designs – it’s just what you need to make your sewing creativity truly limitless.
Convenience features like the SwiftSmart threading system with automatic needle threader, Drop & Sew bobbin system with automatic bobbin thread pick-up, and presser foot sensor make getting started quick and easy. Six StayBright LED lights keep your extra-large sewing space well lit when working on big quilting and sewing projects.
Advanced sewing features like an Independent Bobbin Winding System, Electronic Thread Trimmer, 215 built-in sewing stitches including block letters and numbers ensure that this is a machine you can grow into. 6 Automatic 1-Step Buttonholes plus 1 Endless Buttonhole provide the perfect finish to garments.
When creating monograms and other embroidery designs the possibilities are endless. With a larger embroidery hoop size of 10” x 6” and multi-hooping capability, you can create designs up to 12 by 20 inches. This fantastic feature and will allow you to embroider large format projects such as table cloths, bedspreads, dresses and more.
Get the same quality embroidery results as high-end embroidery machines but at a fraction of the cost by using your own PC. Simply connect your PC to the Futura XL-580 sewing and embroidery machine via the included USB cable, use the included software with built-in tutorials, and send the design to the machine. Push a button and you're embroidering.
New innovations like a knee lifter for hands-free raising and lowering of the presser foot, USB Key so you can edit embroidery designs without being connected to the SINGER Futura embroidery machine and 250 built-in all new embroidery designs keep you ahead of the curve.
The new Endless Hoop 6.75” x 4” allows you to create border designs on tablecloths, fashions and draperies. With the Quick Release lever, lining up the Endless Design is quick and easy.
Bonus software Included! AutoPunch allows you to convert images to embroidery. HyperFont allows you to convert all your True Type fonts on your PC into embroidery. Advanced Editing allows you to easily edit existing embroidery designs.
Features and Benefits:
Built-In Embroidery Designs
250 Built-In Embroidery Designs including 50 Endless Designs.
Extra Large Sewing Space
Extra-large sewing space for quilting and 250 built-in embroidery designs.
When creating monograms and other embroidery designs the possibilities are endless.
3 Easy-On Extra-Large Hoops
Includes a 10” X 6” large hoop, 4” X 4” small hoop and 6.75” X 4” endless hoop.
Important extras to get you started.
Allows you to design in your embroidery software on your computer without being connected to your machine.
Easily Sends Designs to Machine
One icon click in the embroidery software sends the design to your machine.
NEW Endless Embroidery Hoop
Create beautiful border and edging designs in this 6.75” X 4” hoop.
3900 Embroidery Designs - $299 Value FREE!
Get started right away with this FREE BONUS Design Collection by Singer. Enjoy 3900 embroidery designs included!
More Features and Benefits:
- 250 ALL NEW Embroidery Designs
- Includes small hoop, large hoop and 50 endless designs.
- NEW Endless Embroidery Hoop
- Create beautiful border and edging designs in this 6.75” X 4” hoop.
- USB Key
- Allows you to design in your embroidery software on your computer without being connected to your machine.
- BONUS Software Included
- Gives you even more creative possibilities with AutoPunch, HyperFont and Advanced Editing software.
- Multi-Hooping Capability
- Easily create designs larger than one hoop. Large multiple hoop embroidery designs can be easily created on screen providing the sewer with the capability to precisely match stitches and designs.
- 3 Easy-On Extra-Large Hoops
- Includes a 10” X 6” large hoop, 4” X 4” small hoop and 6.75” X 4” endless hoop.
- Stippling Embroidery Designs
- Easily creates free motion quilting effects with embroidery.
- Design File Compatibility
- The included embroidery software will read these design file types: FHE, XXX, JEF, CHE, HUS, PES, DST, SHV, PEC, EXP, VIP, PCS, PSW & SEW.
- 20 Popular Fonts for Monogramming
- Select from 20 embroidery fonts to personalize or monogram your projects. Letters can be sized, rotated and shaped with 30 lettering frames such as arc, banner, wave and more.
- Outline Lettering
- Create big, bold letters using a running or satin stitch.
- Easily Sends Designs to Machine
- One icon click in the embroidery software sends the design to your machine.
- Connects Directly to Computer via USB Cable
- By allowing you to use your own computer, this unique innovation gives you the same capabilities of other embroidery machines at a fraction of the cost.
- Live Software Updates
- You can set the embroidery software to check for updates manually or on a set schedule. With a live internet connection, if an update is detected, it will automatically download to your desktop and await installation.
- Automatic Thread Cutter
- Cuts the top and bottom thread instantly with the touch of a button.
- SWIFTSMART Threading System
- Simply guide the thread directly from the spool to the needle area through a single groove and thread the needle by pressing the threading lever for easy needle threading.
- DROP & SEW Bobbin System
- No need to pull up the bobbin thread manually. Simply insert the bobbin, place the thread in the channel and start sewing.
- 215 Built-in Sewing Stitches
- 10 Basic, 6 Stretch 192 Decorative and 7 Buttonholes. A large variety of stitches ensures the perfect stitch for every project.
- 6 Fully Automatic 1-Step Buttonholes Plus 1 Endless Buttonhole
- Buttonhole sewing is a one-step simple process, providing reliable results every time. One additional endless buttonhole lets you have complete customization. There are no size limitations—ideal when sewing non-traditional sized buttonholes.
- Exclusive Buttonhole Foot with Underplate
- This foot sandwiches fabric between a lower plate and the foot to ensure perfect buttonholes on multiple layers of fabric.
- Knee Lifter
- The knee lifter allows for hands-free raising and lowering of the presser foot and is vital when appliquéing, embroidering or quilting.
- Programmable Needle Up/Down
- The needle can be programmed to stop in the highest up position when your foot is lifted from the controller, making it easier to remove fabric from the machine. The needle can also be programmed to stop in the down position which is ideal for pivoting, appliquéing and quilting.
- Drop Feed
- Perfect for free-motion embroidery, machine embroidery, monograms and attaching buttons without the need to attach a darning plate.
- Extra High Presser Foot Lifter
- There are two heights to the presser foot lifter. The second height offers a ¼” more clearance, which is needed when placing multiple layers or bulky fabrics under the presser foot.
- 6 STAYBRIGHT LED Lights
- With lights on each side of the needle area as well as one light over the large surface to the right of the needle, it is easier to see your work.
- Automatic Tension
- Stable stitch quality no matter the type of fabric used.
- Speed Control Lever
- Slide the lever on the front of the machine to set the sewing speed from slow to fast. When the foot pedal is used the lever functions as a top speed limiter.
- Heavy Duty Metal Frame
- This rigid support holds all the mechanisms in perfect alignment for skip-free sewing and overall durability.
- Accessories Included
- 6.75” X 4” Endless Embroidery Hoop, 10” X 6” Embroidery Hoop, 4” X 4” Embroidery Hoop, USB Key, Bonus Software, Knee Lifter, USB Cable, Embroidery Foot, All Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot with Underplate, Blind Hem Foot, Satin Stitch Foot, Button Sewing Foot, Thread Spool Nets, Thread Spool Caps, Auxiliary Spool Pin, Spool Pin Felt, Scissors, Pack of Needles, Bobbins, Screwdrivers, Seam Ripper / Lint Brush and Vinyl Accessory Bag.
- Computer Requirements:
- Personal Computer with 1 GHz Intel or AMD Processor, Windows OS: Windows XP/ Vista/ 7/ 8, 1 GB of RAM (or more recommended), CD-ROM Drive, 500 MB (or more recommended) of Available Hard-Disk Space for Installation, Color Standard (1024x768 pixel, 65,000 colors recommended), VGA Adapter Connected with Color VGA Monitor, Microsoft Compatible Mouse, USB 1.1/2.0.