Consew DCS-S4 Skiving Machine with Assembled Table and Servo Motor
The Consew DCS-S4 Skiving or Scarfing Machine contains a variety of features the include, but not limited to: Fortuna-type knife, shoe & plate; Skiving width up to 2"; Waste removing device; Separate clutch for engaging the knife sharpener prolongs the life of the knife and sharpening stone; Removes the backing off of leather.
- Widely used for edge skiving and whole skiving of leather, artificial leather, vinyl and similar materials
- Used in conjunction with such products as shoe uppers, leather bags, belts, watch straps, leather upholstery buttons
- Also suitable for bevel skiving with use of special presser foot - available on special order
||Up to 2" (50mm) skive
|Barre Grinding Wheel and Presser Feet
||Fully interchangeable with similar equipment
Table & Servo Motor
This Package includes a Fully Assembled Table and a Servo Motor.
With so many options available for motors when we talk about replacing or buying a motor for our industrial sewing machine, there is one important point to keep always in mind "The Speed". Regardless of brand or price, motors come in two different configurations:
- Variable Speed Servo Motor
- Adjustable-Speed Servo Motor
Clutch motors operate at a fixed speed, typically between 1725 - 3450 rpm, depending on the type of machine. Servo Motors on the other hand are speed adjustable. The two major advantages of the Servo Motor are that you can control the speed of the motor and that the motor is completely silent when the pedal is not engaged.
Some other advantages of the Servo Motor include:
- They consume up to 90% less energy than clutch motors
- 1/3 lighter than clutch motors
- Reverse motor rotation with the flick of a switch
- Nothing to wear or adjust
- Adjusted speed remains the same no matter how hard the pedal is pressed
Most of our customers find that the sewing machine is much easier to control with a Servo motor because of the speed control. This is especially helpful for beginner sewers but also for projects that simply don't require high speed stitching.
This machine package includes a fixed-speed servo motor.
If you need help deciding what option is best for you, give us a call at 800-401-8151, and have one of our experts walk you through the decision.
California residents: view Proposition 65 warning