Janome Threadbanger TB30 Computerized Sewing Machine
ThreadBanger.com is a web site where people share their Do-It-Yourself fashion ideas, tips and advice to help make the world more fashionable. Janome's ThreadBanger machines are the perfect tools for DIY sewists.
The TB30 is just as tough as the TB12, but a bit fancier. It has 30 stitches, 6 one-step buttonholes, a built-in One-Hand Needle Threader, and adjustments for Stitch Width and Length. There is also a Stitch Elongation feature, so you can elongate some stitches without losing any density.
Another cool feature is the Direct Stitch Selection Buttons. Push the button once, and the green light shows the left stitch pictured on the button is selected. Hit the button again and an orange light indicates the right stitch on the button is selected. The letter on each button advises you what foot to use. Such a pal!
There are three pressure adjustment levels to handle a greater variety of fabrics plus a Needle Up/Down Button. Select whether the needle stays down in the fabric when you stop (for easy corner turning) or comes up out of the fabric.
You can sew without the foot control by using the Start/Stop Button! AND, if you press it and hold it down, it will sew very slowly, so you can be as exact as you want.
30 Actual Stitches
There are easy to see stitch displays and easy to use direct stitch selection buttons. The letters tell you which foot to use. Nice!
Direct Stitch Selection Buttons
Press the button once and the green light shows you've selected the stitch shown on the left. Press it again and the light will change to orange, indicating the stitch on the right is selected.
Presser Foot Tension Adjustment
Allows for sewing on a greater variety of fabrics.
From bottom to top:
Start/Stop (and slow run).
Built-in Needle Threader.
Push down the built-in needle threader and hook the thread into it. Pop it back up and the thread is pulled through the needle's eye. It's easy!
Speed Control Slider.
Sew slowly or quickly. It's your choice.
- Computerized precision.
- Easy push-button controls.
- Built-in needle threader.
- Manual thread cutter.
- Bobbin winder.
- Drop-feed for free-motion sewing.
- Start/stop button - allows you to run the machine without using the foot control!.
- Adjustable speed control. Control speed from the machine with more precision than a foot control.
- Up/down needle position at the push of a button.
- Auto-lock stitch button. Sews locking stitches at the push of a button, then stops.
- Stitch elongation - stretch a decorative stitch by up to 5 times its normal length without losing density.
- Can sew just one stitch, allowing you to create unique stitch combinations for interesting effects.
- 30 stitches, including 6 one-step buttonholes that sew according to the size of your button.
- Free-arm for sewing pant hems, wrist cuffs, etc.
- Adjustable tension.
- Adjustable stitch width and length.
- Reverse stitch.
- Feed balance dial.
- Adjustable presser foot pressure.
- Easy top-loading bobbin with a clear cover plate so you can watch the thread supply.
- Seam guides on needle plate are marked in both fractional inches and millimeters.
- LED display.
- Displays LED error codes and audio beeps to inform you of a problem.
- Carrying handle.
- Ultra-sturdy design.
- 5 year extended warranty.
- General purpose foot (features horizontal locking button to make sewing over bulk and edges easier).
- Automatic buttonhole foot.
- Blindhem foot.
- Overcast foot.
- Overedge foot.
- Satin stitch foot.
- Zipper foot.
- Arm extension w/ accessory storage box.
- Quilting bar.
- Large spool holder.
- Small spool holder.
- Seam ripper/buttonhole opener.
- Lint brush.
- Instruction manual (English/Spanish/French).
- Foot control & power cord.
- Soft cover.