Order The All New Remastered Bernina 780 Today & Receive:
*Sales tax at the rate of 8.0% is applied to all orders being shipped to a California address. Orders shipped to addresses outside the state of California are not charged sales tax. Pre-order deposit is fully refundable if you wish to cancel your order.
- Training CD
- My Bernina Work Books
- FREE Shipping
- *No Tax
- 0% Interest Financing (on approved credit)
- Full Factory Warranty
- 2 Year Extended SewingMachinesPlus.com Warranty
Included Bernina Stitch Regulator BSR With Purchase
Included Accessories FREE With Purchase
Bernina 780 Sewing and Embroidery Machine
The BERNINA 780 offers many features to make sewing easier. Inventions such as the semi-automatic threading system, the BERNINA Stitch Regulator (BSR), the BERNINA Dual Feed, and the embroidery system, are proof of this superior quality.
Simple and classic are a couple of words that describe the new BERNINA 7 Series. At BERNINA, we concentrate not only on sophisticated technologies, but also on setting new standards in product design.
The BERNINA 7 Series includes a meticulously engineered extended freearm with ten inches / 254 mm of space to right of the needle—plenty of room for big sewing projects. Large designs can also be embroidered on the oversized embroidery area. When needed, the BERNINA 780 can also be upgraded with a diverse selection of accessories.
You can create mirror images, as well as rotate, combine or resize your designs right on the color touch screen. Personalize with decorative stitches or alphabets with embroidery patterns. Preview alternate color options on the touch screen and save them on your machine or on a USB stick. Use Absolute Check for perfect design placement.
The BERNINA Stitch Regulator (BSR)
The BERNINA 780 is equipped with the BSR function. The BSR foot provides high-speed free-motion stitching assistance with both straight and zigzag stitch options and it comes standard with the machine.
BERNINA Dual Feed
Optimum visibility and superb fabric feed. The innovative BERNINA Dual Feed tames hard-to-manage fabrics. Easy to engage when needed, the BERNINA Dual Feed tucks completely out of the way when it’s not.
Total Stitch Control
The BERNINA 780 provides an exclusive level of stitch control. Whether altering the stitch length, stitch width, or needle position—or even creating combinations—the machine will remember the stitch details for you.
Tips and Tricks
User-friendly features and intuitive navigation: the Sewing Consultant and built-in tutorials offer direct onscreen support and answers to your questions any time, day or night.
Greater Sewing Pleasure
The 7 Series machines respond to your needs. For example, the presser foot automatically lowers at the start of a seam and lifts again at the end. The machine will even cut the thread for you at the end of your seam or color change. Also included is a practical extension table with ample space to hold your larger sewing projects.
Large Selection of Stitches and Embroidery Designs
The BERNINA 780 offers hundreds of stitches, all of which are clearly categorized and easily accessible. In addition, there are over 130 built-in embroidery designs and 12 alphabets. Your own embroidery designs can also be quickly loaded via a USB connection.
The New BERNINA 9 Hook
With the launch of the 7 Series, BERNINA presents a world’s first, the BERNINA 9 Hook (B 9 Hook). Combining the two best hook technologies, the B 9 Hook is patent pending.
The new heart of the BERNINA machine features a novel, centrally-placed driver, which allows the B 9 Hook to run steady and quiet. The B 9 Hook sews high-precision stitches up to 9 mm in width with speeds up to a 1,000 stitches per minute. And the bobbin has 80 percent more thread capacity than our standard bobbins, allowing you to sew longer without interruption.
Finally, the B 9 Hook is made of high-quality materials that allow the thread to run smoothly with consistent tension.
Features and Benefits
- B9 Hook system
- 1000spm Maximum sewing speed
- 10inches/254mm Length of freearm to the right of the needle
- Color touchscreen
- 30 LED sewing lights
- 9mm Maximum stitch width
- 6mm Maximum stitch length
- 11 Needle positions
- Sewing in each needle position
- 2 Spool holders
- Semi-automatic needle threader
- Adjustable presser foot pressure
- Automatic thread cutter
- 3 Manual thread cutters
- BERNINA Dual Feed
- Memory (short-term/altered stitches)
- Memory (long-term/altered stitches)
- Create and save stitch combinations
- BSR functionality (straight stitch and zigzag)
- Start/stop button (stitching without foot control)
- Slide speed control
- Upper thread indicator
- Lower thread indicator
- USB interface for PC connection
- USB interface for USB data stick
- Multi-function knobs
- Changing stitch settings while sewing
- BERNINA foot control with kick-back function
- Needle stop up/down
- Bobbin winding while sewing/embroidering
- On-screen help
- Sewing tutorial
- Creative consultant
- Personal program
- History function (most-recently-used stitch patterns)
- Setup program
- Eco mode
Sewing and Quilting
- Directional sewing 360°
- Sideways motion feed
- Pattern start/end function
- Connecting stitches
- Security function program
- 1,306 Number of stitch patterns (incl. alphabet) total
- 32 Utility stitches total
- 15 Buttonholes (incl. eyelet)
- Automatic buttonhole-length measuring system
- Automatic buttonhole
- Manual multi-step buttonhole
- Button sew-on program
- 3 Darning programs
- 460 Decorative stitches total
- 91 Decorative sideways motion stitches
- 33 Quilting stitches total
- 28 Cross-stitch programs
- 52 Tapering/skyline stitches
- 8 Sewing alphabets
- Monograms (with sideways motion)
- 1,000spm Maximum embroidery speed (stitches per minute)
- 130 Stock embroidery designs
- 12 Embroidery alphabets
- .EXP Embroidery design format
- Mega hoop functionality
- Jumbo hoop functionality
- Free-arm embroidery
- Personal memory for embroidery designs
- Word ART
- Drag & Drop
- Importing stitch patterns
- Color resequence
- Automatic jump-stitch cutting
- Sequence control
- Endless embroidery
- Position recall
- Embroidery tutorial
- BERNINA DesignWorks Software & Tool compatible
- Mirroring, rotating, scaling
- Reverse pattern foot #1/1C/1D
- Zipper foot #4/4D
- Jeans foot #8/8D
- Open embroidery foot #20/20C/20D
- Embroidery foot #26 (drop-shaped)
- Sideways motion foot #40C
- BERNINA Stitch Regulator (BSR)
- Large oval hoop 5.7 x 10" (included with embroidery module)
- Medium hoop – for medium-sized designs 3.9 x 5.1" (included with embroidery module)
- Overlock foot #2/2A
- Blindstitch foot #5
- Buttonhole foot with slide #3A/3B/3C
- Small embroidery hoop 2.7 x 2"