Hinterberg 17in-wide Stretch Quilting Frame
A machine frame with up to 17" of quilting area. With this frame, you can quilt with your home sewing machine and upgrade to a larger long-arm or stretch sewing machine in the future. *(If you use your home sewing machine, you will need to purchase the stretch frame handles separately.) This frame will work with any sewing machine with a throat size between 5" and 17".
The quilting area you will achieve with the stretch frame depends on the size of your sewing machine. If you have a machine with a 6" throat depth, you will only have that much quilting area. This frame will give you up to 17" of quilting area if you own or plan on purchasing a large-throat sewing machine.
- Will hold any sewing machine up to 17".
- Extremely smooth carriage motion for precision quilting.
- Adjustable extender legs will allow for quilting from a seated or standing position
- Includes leg levelers for uneven floors.
- Grooved template board included for stylus quilting.
- Easily disassembles without tools for storage. Can be reassembled in 30 minutes or less.
- Sturdy construction and rigid design.
- High-quality, sealed, precision bearings on machine carriages for fluid movement.
- Precise roller tension and height adjustment.
- End tensioning system included.
- You provide the 5 metal conduit rollers. Template board is included.
- Can be up to 10 feet in length for king size quilts. (120")
- Quality wood product, proudly made in U.S.A.
- Quilters Cruise Control Optical Carriages included
- The PC Quilter will work with Stretch Machine Frame with no additional purchases.
Distance between the poles is 17 1/2"
Maximum Roller length is 10' which gives maximum 114" of quilting area.
Total Maximum quilting area is 16" x 114"
Height of quilting area:
The roller height is adjustable to accommodate different machines. Typically the quilting area is between 34" and 39" above the floor.
Size of the frame:
The frame is 41" from front to rear. (54" with front roller up ). It can be a maximum of 10' wide which will hold a standard king size quilt.
The customer separately purchases the rollers for the frame. The material to buy is called 1-1/4" thinwall metal conduit. It is available at most hardware and home-improvement stores. In most cases the store personnel will cut the rollers to length. The rollers are around $20.00 each.
The rollers are integral to the structure of the frame. The sturdiness and smoothness of the frame stems from using large-diameter rollers with no connectors or joints. It would be prohibitively expensive to ship these rollers to customers. Therefore the customer is getting a very sturdy quilting set-up and saving money at the same time.
Carriage (24" x 10"):
The carriage holds your sewing machine. The carriage rolls under the quilt and is supported by two rollers. The carriage is wooden and uses precision grade sealed bearings as wheels. These top quality bearings make the carriage movement extremely smooth.
Weight Capacity of Carriage:
It has been tested up to 200 lbs. with no problems. This carriage is sturdy enough for any machine.
The Stretch Machine Frame can hold a machine with up to a 17 1/2" throat depth.
Five year warranty against manufacturers defects.
Note: There may be a waiting list for this product.
*This product does NOT include handle bars. If you use your home sewing machine, you will need to purchase the stretch frame handles separately.