Large bobbin and horizontal axis transverse rotary hook
Upper feed mechanism helps avoid slippage when sewing
Max Speed (S.P.M.) - 2500 (depends on thread, material and operation)
Clearance Under Foot - 25/64 (10 mm)
Needle Bar Stroke - 1 11/32 (34 mm)
Stitch Length, Max. - 5 s.p.i. (5 mm)
Needle - 135 x 17
Bobbin Metal - 212O34-312
Bobbin Pre-wound - M
Hook - B79
Work Space - 10" (255 mm)
Bed Size - 7" x 18 7/8" (178 x 480 mm)
Zig-Zag Max Width - 3/8" (9.5 mm)
Stitch -1A:(CURRENTLY VIEWING THIS PRODUCT)
- For sewing medium to heavy weight fabrics that are difficult to feed when sewn.
- For such materials and products as wet suits, shoes, boots, leather, tarpaulins.
- For sewing elastic and other stretch materials
- For stitching such products as boat and truck covers, tents, awnings, sails, parachutes, tarpaulins and similar products
- Used on such materials as canvas, nylon, vinyl, leather, synthetics and similar materials.
- Especially desirable where reinforced stitch is necessary.
- Performs similar operations as Model 146RB-2A with the added advantage of making an additional stitch for extra reinforcement.
Wet suit version available for sewing neoprene rubber. Please contact us for details.
With so many options available for motors when we talk about replacing or buying a motor for our industrial sewing machine, there is one important point to keep always in mind "The Speed". Regardless of brand or price, motors come in two different configurations:
1. Fixed-Speed Clutch Motor
2. Adjustable-Speed Servo Motor
Clutch motors operate at a fixed speed, typically between 1725 - 3450 rpm, depending on the type of machine. Servo Motors on the other hand are speed adjustable. The two major advantages of the Servo Motor are that you can control the speed of the motor and that the motor is completely silent when the pedal is not engaged.
Some other advantages of the Servo Motor include:
They consume up to 90% less energy than clutch motors
1/3 lighter than clutch motors
Reverse motor rotation with the flick of a switch
Nothing to wear or adjust
Adjusted speed remains the same no matter how hard the pedal is pressed
Most of our customers find that the sewing machine is much easier to control with a Servo motor because of the speed control. This is especially helpful for beginner sewers but also for projects that simply don't require high speed stitching.
This machine package includes a fixed-speed clutch motor. Upgrade to an adjustable-speed servo motor for only $79. Simply choose the servo motor upgrade option from the drop down menu during checkout.
If you need help deciding what option is best for you, give us a call at 800-401-8151, and have one of our experts walk you through the decision.