Go! Geometric Die - Triangle Isosceles 5" x 6"
GO! Triangle-Isosceles-5"x 6"
Isosceles triangles are three-sided shapes with two sides the same length. Eight isosceles triangles sewn together form an octagon. Sew Half Square-3" Finished Triangles (55009) to the corners of this octagon it becomes a Kaleidoscope block. Sew several blocks together and play with the colors and you can create a stunning quilt with optical illusions of circles! Another great way to use this die is to cut lots of isosceles triangles from scraps for a Thousand Pyramid quilt. Die packaging includes project directions for a Triangles To GO! decorative pillow
Cuts two 5"W x 6"H (13 cm x 15 cm) triangles. Includes seam allowance. Use 10" x 10" cutting mat (55111).
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Use cutting mats that matches size of each die.
- For best results, cut with die blades running under roller at an angle. Do not cut with blades parallel to roller.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Some dies feature specially designed corners to aid in alignment and pre-cutting.
- For fast applique, apply fusible web to fabrics, then cut shapes with dies.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.
(More images coming later.)
Get introduced to this product:
AccuQuilt Go! Geometric Die - Triangle Isosceles 5" x 6"!
View these videos to get a better idea of what you'll purchase!
No rating yet... Be the first to rate this product!
Need more supplies? Find them below! Just add them to cart directly form this page.